Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cava


New Orleans, Louisiana 70124
504-595-3305
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cava/1416513878561683
Photo from Cava Facebook page

Overall Ratings (H in orange, C in purple)
Food:  A / A-
Ambiance: B+ / A-
Service:   B+ / B+
Drinks: A-
Overall Experience: A- / A-

H says, Cava is an experience not to be missed if you are going to be out in the Metairie/Lakeview area: the ambiance is good if a bit noisy, the drinks are well done, and the food is terrific.

C says, Cava is fairly new, and I had wanted to try it, so when Henry said he wanted to go out to dinner with some friends, i suggested it.

Overall Thoughts:
H says,
C and I went there with my friend Ken and his wife. Thank goodness we had reservations because the place was packed! We had been hearing good things about it since it had opened a few months ago and after eating there I would have to agree. My drinks were all made top notch, the only bad thing I could say was the food and service was a bit slow. From what we were told they had a few people call in sick. Still it was a great meal. [C says, It was the drinks that were atrociously slow--they only had one bartender and their barback called in sick, so I am going to assume it was a one-time thing, but it is why I downgraded the service]

I started off with their special of the day which was bbq duck wings--sounds weird, I know, but they were fabulous. But, the best was yet to come. For the main course I had a risotto with wild mushrooms and lobster. It was out of this world, by far the best risotto I have ever had. Definitely going back again when my parents come to town. Lastly I had their special house made bread pudding, which is made out of donuts. [C says, They call  it "secret ingredient" bread pudding, but I am telling you, it is donuts--Krispy Kreme, if I had to guess] Again, fabulous. Can’t wait to go back!

C says, Reservations are essential. There was a backup at the door when we arrived, and the bar service was sooooo slow, but I assume these are newish restaurant kinks that will be worked out, and that the service score would improve if we went back. It is a LOUD place, though, so be prepared to speak up a bit so your dining companions can hear you. I had the crab cakes trio appetizer, which was yummy--3 cyllindrical deep-fried cakes, taller than they are wide. For dinner, I had the soft-shelled crab. The crab was big and juicy, but could have been a but warmer and the corn maque choux was really a creamy sauce that was almost too rich, but it was still enjoyable. I would definitely go back--I might make H split the risotto with me next time--it was really good! And, of course, the company we had with us made the night even more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment