Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rolls n Bowls

605 Metairie Rd, Metairie, LA 70005
(504) 309-0519


Overall Ratings (H in orange, C in purple)
Food:   A / A
Ambiance: B / B
Service:   A / A
Drinks: A+
Overall Experience: A / A

H says, Rolls n Bowls is a must if you live in Metairie, and even if you don’t, it’s worth a trip over. I can say that normally I don’t want to go anywhere but to Shogun, but C convinced me to give it a try, so we went over on a quiet weeknight to grab some food. Let me tell you, I loved it.

C says, I finally convinced Henry that we should try out the new Vietnamese place near us--it was the bubble tea (aka fruit smoothies) that convinced him. Now it’s a new fave for a casual meal.

Overall thoughts:

H says, Rolls n Bowls is just a small shop run by a group of young kids who have a passion for food and service. When we walked in, we were greeted by the staff and pointed toward the menu on the wall or, if you wanted, a paper menu. The decor is clean and nice, but nothing special. Don’t worry, though, you are here for the food, not the ambiance. Each option is amazing. I had the vermicelli with beef, fried egg rolls and a strawberry smoothie without tapioca. As each dish came out, I was more and more amazed. They each had such great flavor and taste. The group next to us kept asking what we ordered as the plates looked as amazing as they tasted. The smoothie was also amazing. I ended up going back for a second. To summarize, go and eat some great food. You won’t regret it.

C says, The fried egg rolls were different, but really good. I’m usually not a pork fan, but these were made with ground pork and were delish. I had the edamame fried rice with shrimp, which was really yummy, but I am eager to go back to try the fresh spring rolls and the pho. I’ve heard they’re every bit as good as what we had. Great for a casual Vietnamese meal for eat-in or take-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment